Sunday, December 28, 2014

Japanese people’s hair – not straight hair only

Do you think all Japanese people have straight hair? It seems like many people believe that Asian people including Japanese have straight hair only.

It’s not right – actually some people in Japan (I don’t know about other Asians) have wavy/curly hair. We call those, “kusege (wavy hair),” and “tennen-parma (curly hair).”


Interestingly, although there are many people who have wavy/curly hair, many schools in Japan have a rule that students can’t have their hair curled. I remember that one of my classmates who has remarkable curly hair had to bring a letter from her parents to let her teacher know that she has natural curly hair so that she is not against the rule. Well, I hope there is no such rule anymore.








4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! I am 100% Japanese and have thick, wavy hair. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Japanese and people who are also asian see it right away but people who are white think I’m not because of my curly hair and freckles it’s funny

    ReplyDelete